Thursday 27 January 2011

Cameras and Lenses

Digital Single Lens Reflex Cameras:

Due to previous experience I have chosen to use a DSLR for my studio photography, as I feel they provide more flexibility.

In the studio I will be using a Canon 5d,

Technical specification:
  • Sensor
    • 12.8 million pixels
    • 35.8 x 23.9 mm CMOS 
    • no field of view crop
  • ISO 
    • 50-3200 (when extended)
  • Flash sync
    • 1/200s 
  • 3FPS
This camera suited me well because of the ease of use of the canon cameras. the full frame sensor means i'm getting the maximum field of view out of the lens I choose to use.

I will also be using a canon lens to maximise compatibility and performance from the both the camera and lens, the lens I use will be the Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM (http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product_Finder/Cameras/EF_Lenses/Image_Stabilization_Lenses/EF_24-105mm_f4_L_IS_USM/
EF 24-105 f/4 L IS U

This zoom lens gives me the flexibility to produce head shots or full length without changing lenses speeding up the shoot and keep the time actually taking photos at a maximum.



No comments:

Post a Comment