Thursday 27 January 2011

Intentions/purpose of the photography to be undertaken

Theme one, Fashion photography.

My first theme is fashion photography but also paying close attention to the use of lighting. I have drew inspiration for this theme from many source including just simple internet image searches, an artist I particularly like the work of is Rankin, and some of his photos such as this one, 
<a class='fancylbload' rel='http://rankin.co.uk/media/184-38914004f3-315x420.jpg' style='cursor:pointer;'>+Light Box</a> | <a href='' onclick='$.fn.fancybox.close;'>Close</a>
When I have completed this unit I will have a set of images showing different uses of light within a studio and a high level of fashion photography.

To help me achieve this outcome I have drawn from a number of source to get a wide view of fashion photography enabling me to draw from that research into what I feel will be my own style.

I gained some experience of the fashion industry as a whole by reading, A Year In Fashion by Prestel in cooperation with gettyimages.

For the technical side of the studio work I drew from the massive wealth of sources available on the internet. One of these sources has been youtube, with over a million videos being returned when searching for "photography" there is an almost endless supply of tutorials for nearly every aspect. A particular set of videos I used a lot were Digital photography 1 on 1 by snap factory. This is an example of a particularly helpful video







No comments:

Post a Comment